[fpc-devel] Resource handling library

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 00:11:43 CEST 2007

> One of the reason Lazarus does not use resources like Delphi, is that
> there is no support for Mac OS X yet (elf is supported by fpcres, as you
> mentioned). Does your library support that?

No because I thought that on os x it was better to store resources as files
inside the app bundle since it's more "native" (even if no one forbids us to
store them in mach-o files). The latter could be useful for console
applications, though. Moreover, I am afraid that lipo could "double"
resources when making an universal binary since it includes both the ppc and
i386 executable, while using app bundles you can store resources only once
(however I couldn't check).
Since the library can be easily extended with a new writer, it should be
doable without many problems.

bye,
Giulio