[fpc-devel] RTTI's GetPropValue returns corrupt Boolean value

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:08:14 CET 2007

On 20/11/2007, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've extended the PropertyMatch() function to test for tkBool types
> (no variants) and do a writeln when it finds it. That parts seems to
> work fine.

Here is the debug code I added to PropertyMatch() which successfully
compare the results, but I have to explicitly cast GetOrdProp to a
Boolean.  Is that normal???

    PropInfo := GetPropInfo(AObject.ClassType, PropName);
    if tiGetTypeInfo(PropInfo)^.Kind = tkBool then
    begin
      writeln('Found rtti bool type');
      lbool := Boolean(GetOrdProp(AObject, PropName));
      if lSearch = lbool then
        writeln('Comparison was a success');
    end;

Regards,