[fpc-devel] copyright infringement in FPC code

Alvise Nicoletti alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it
Wed Nov 14 10:19:44 CET 2007

>> What I found in Lazarus code so far was that somebody _was_ peaking at
>> the Delphi code at some stage. Numerous methods have variables
>> declared with the exact same names, type and order or appearance.
I am noone here, but I think that Borland have always know that (if that
is true ;) ).

IMHO, they are complaining now cause Lazarus/FPC is becoming a better
product than Delphi.

So the road is not the wrong one, but in reality the right one.

Some code must be very similar, you're doing the same things.
And honestly I don't think that the most important sources of
FPC/Lazarus are the functions to manipulate the strings...

Always IMHO.

Alvise Nicoletti