[fpc-devel] Re: copyright infringement in FPC code

Neil Graham Lerc at screamingduck.com
Tue Nov 13 20:00:00 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 18:10 +0700, Bee wrote:

> Maybe we should start some kind of code legality check. Like what had
> been done by ReactOS a few months ago against Windows' code. This tool
> might helps us review FPC's and Lazarus' code against Delphi code (or
> other as well?).

Wouldn't it be more efficient to write to Borland (or whatever they call
themselves this week).

say something like (but not exactly like, I'm just rambling here);

we have endeavoured to produce code that does not violate any
copyrights, but as a collaborative project it is difficult to guarantee
the work of all contributors.  We would like to arrange a liaison in
order that should any copyright violations be discovered we can correct
the situation as soon as possible.

It may mean an easy and acceptable solution.  They may just say no.
Then again it may be like drawing the gaze of the eye of mordor.