[fpc-devel] copyright infringement in FPC code

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:24:30 CET 2007

On 13/11/2007, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> there is a lot of similar code and no, I'm not talking about the class
> interfaces (which are duplicated on purpose).

I would like to apologize to the Lazarus developers.  I jumped the gun
a bit. I should have done a bit of RTFM before running the SIM tool.
My bad!

By default the tool compares all text involved, even for duplicate
code in the same file.  Due to this it found many false positives and
I interpreted them incorrectly.  In the end the similarities I found
in the select few files I tested were for very trivial functions. So
far, so good.

Even so, I still believe it a good idea to run this tool against the
complete set of code, though due to the extensive use of include files
it might take a bit longer than expected.

Regards,
  - Graeme -