Re[2]: [fpc-devel] copyright infringement in FPC code

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Nov 13 12:40:14 CET 2007

> > I wrote an answer.
> You (or other FPC core team members) should write a blog post about this
> and explain this situation in more complete description, instead write
> it as comment on someone's blog. This way, other people would see a
> better and more comprehensive responses from FPC side.
> That's the power of blogging and open informations. ;)
> -Bee-

It's not the best idea: that blog affected some people in september, but provided some base for accusations almost 2 months later. It's too late to enter baseless quarrel.

Before checking most parts of at least FPC at least once against at least several legally accessible source code versions of Delphi (does anybody own CodeGear Delphi 2007 variant with source code?) and posting big letters: "YO! WE REGULARLY USE SPECIAL SOFTWARE TO CHECK OUR CODE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! WE DO CARE!" --- blogging would be the same as: "You are fool"-"You are fool"-"No, you are fool"-...

And I'm not sure that details should be discussed openly (i.e. accessible via open maillists like this to people like me) before some cure is at least planned (i.e. unresolved problems should be obscured).