[fpc-devel] Re: NotifyIconData not flexible enougth

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:45:50 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 1:14 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> I did that translation, and didn't enable those defines for exactly that
> reason. So that has to be researched first, if any exisiting code can be
> broken by enabling this (e.g. if it passes sizeof(struct). Probably the
> winapi decides the version dependning on the size of the structure passed.

I don't want to enable the defines, but rather have many structures,
like NOTIFYICONA_V5, NOTIFYICONA_V6, etc

> Btw, the defines are converted from the MS headers. So this is how MS does
> it in practice themselves.

That solution aims at applications using the Windows API directly, not
frameworks built on top of it.

To overcode that one can declare their own structure on their code.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho