[fpc-devel] fpdoc TOC link in HTML output

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:49:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I have the same annoyance with my generated docs for fpGUI, but I'll
the FPC html docs as an example.

The Free Pascal TOC page is
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/index.html

The FCL docs are
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/index.html

The RTL docs are
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/index.html

Once you view the RTL or the FCL docs, there is no link back to the
TOC page!  You can got to the beginning of the Package (top right link
on each page), but never to the TOC page and most generated docs that
use Packages have a TOC page.

I propose we address this issue.
1)  A quick work-around would be to parse all the generated html and
manually insert the link. LUFDoc (help for the PSP or Powtils web
utilities) do this this and is amazingly quick, but it's a bit of a
hack.

2)  Or we could add some parameter to fpdoc telling it the title (or
maybe it's always TOC) and the location of the toc page (normally this
would be '../index.html').

What's your thoughts on this?  Any better suggestions?

Regards,
  - Graeme -