[fpc-devel] Dnamic packages support

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Mon Nov 5 18:15:32 CET 2007

Daniël Mantione wrote:

>>> Add: Each additional downloadble package increases deployment pain
>>> significantly. Just look at 9500, this problem exists for aeons, nobody
>>> cares.
>> Probably, but is that really the problem with packages? Packages are a part
>> of Delphi compat, and have been explicitely on the 2.x roadmap for years.
>> And now we cancel it because the linux install installs the demoes in the
>> wrong place, if not manually fixed?
>
> As far as I am concerned, nothing is against the implementation of
> packages as long as it is non-intrusive to FPC users and FPC developers.
> Putting something on the roadmap does not automatically mean it gets
> implemented, fore major features there has to be someone who has an
> interrest in that feature before it get implemented. Until now, it hasn't
> been the case.
>
> Daniël

Please,do not mess fpc with packages , implement only those parts
required for creating and maintaining packages by Lazarus team.Here
packages are useful. Better is to implement native debugger library for
fpc programs instead of using gdb which may be fine under linux but
crashes too often here under windows.

Regards
Boguslaw