[fpc-devel] graph module

Evgeniy Ivanov lolkaantimat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:14:19 CET 2007

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:36:40 +0300, Jonas Maebe
<jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> See e.g. the graph.pp and ggigraph.pp files at
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/packages/base/graph/unix/
>
> The include files are in
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/packages/base/graph/inc/

Thanks, I wanted to ask about it but you prevented my question.

> Very little. We do this to reuse work done and maintained by others, not
> for new code which we support and maintain (since we ourselves are
> Pascal programmers, not C programmers).

I meant that I want to implement "dangerous" parts in C (driver core) and
other things in pascal. But other developers are right that it is bad idea
to write on C for pascal project.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:39:10 +0300, Daniƫl Mantione
<daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Well, Graph maintenance is more than welcome.

I will try to work in this way. It is interesting.

> Many people @ Pascal Game Development. Domique Louis (Savage) is also
> still maintaining it. Writing all the imports yourself seems a bit like
> reinventing the wheel.

Reinventing the wheel is to write all  SDL imports, for graph I need only
few.

So you think that it is not bad to use JEDI  SDL instead writing some
initialization code on C and make pascal headers for it? I haven't used
JEDI  SDL before but it is beta. I need your advise.

--
Best regards
E.I.