[fpc-devel] graph module

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 9 16:39:10 CET 2007

Op Fri, 9 Mar 2007, schreef Evgeniy Ivanov:

> As far as I've understood Daniel is working only on driver system, isn't it?

It already exists.

> He doesn't touch such things like line and circle for example (It should be
> based on PutPixel as I thing) but he is implementing only the things that
> using back-end libs (like PTCPas), in my example such thing is PutPixel. Am I
> right?

Yes. The back-end can be implemented by whatever, but there seems to be no
need to reinvent the Pascal core.

> It would be great for me to realize a small small part of  FPC. And I find
> that it is much more useful to build a piece for something than create own
> little project.
> I will do it using driver system with pleasure, but you've written that it is
> only your own opinion.
> And there are several questions about libraries and programme languages.

Well, Graph maintenance is more than welcome.

> I agree that the most part must be in pascal, but I think that such things
> like  SDL initialization, loading images need to be implemented in C (if use
> native  SDL headers). From my point of view usage of C parts is less dangerous
> then usage converters and other wrappers stuff. I have no experience with
> JEDI_SDL, but the last release was 2 years ago... And it's only the headers,
> so it uses "native"  SDL libraries.

Many people @ Pascal Game Development. Domique Louis (Savage) is also
still maintaining it. Writing all the imports yourself seems a bit like
reinventing the wheel.

Daniël Mantione