[fpc-devel] graph module

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 9 11:41:50 CET 2007

Op Fri, 9 Mar 2007, schreef Evgeniy Ivanov:

> Hello!
>
> I tried to use freepascal' graph module based on svgalib but from my point of
> view it's not comfortable: I need root prevelege or to remember what to do
> with *ids (uid and so on). Also I have a problems with konsole after starting
> programm with graph module: there is an error with input and I get much
> garbage inside it.
> I realize a test module with a few graph functions (for my needs) via SDLlib.
> I wrote it on C, but some code may be written on pascal. It's not bad and
> fully compotable with traditional graph module code. I have some problems, but
> I will solve them (SDL don't want to return 'keydowns'). If you like it I may
> realize a full and normal graph module.
> Test programm need to be started in the terminal (console). You need to push
> the key only after setting up the terminal window active. I start in in
> konsole. If you start it from GUI in will run and then the window will close
> its self. In the tar there is linux binary.
>
> Here the test ptogramm and simple graph module:
> http://itmo.vingrad.ru/testGraph.tar.bz2

It is in the planning to rewrite Graph on top of PTCPas. I hope to do this
before 2.2 it released. In the meantime ggigraph might suit your needs.

Implementing graph on top of SDL might also be an idea, but it should then
be built on top of JEDI-SDL, and reuse the existing graph
code. Implementing graph in C seems like a bad idea to me.

Daniël Mantione