[fpc-devel] Enabling use of {$R *.dfm} on Windows

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Wed Jul 25 15:51:41 CEST 2007

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The name of the resource linker can now be set with -FR<x>.
> This binary should transform a resource file file to a .o file.
>
> You can also specify the name of the recource compiler with -FC.
> This binary should transform a resource source file to a .o file.
> (normally used for .rc files)
 >
> Both options expect the name of a binary (will be searched in the PATH),
> and the binary should handle the same options as windres does.

To make sure that I understand things right:
- The new utility is supposed to be invoked as 'fpc -FR<name> <all other
options>';
- The new utility has nothing to do with -FC switch;
- 'windres' name is still hardcoded within the utility.

I probably should support win64/gorc, too. What will be the proper way
to do it: recognize gorc switches in the commandline, or compile a
separate executable, or whatever else? Is gorc executable available for
crosscompiling from win32?

> Can you test this using the latest SVN ? (at least revision 8164)

I shall test it, and report separately.

Sergei