[fpc-devel] Linux kernel behaviour change regarding keyboard

Ales( Katona almindor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:51:28 CEST 2007

Strawman yes, but if we setuid to userid right after setting the console
stuff, there's nothing left to audit. We're not malicious software
makers so there's no chance anything else could happen? Or am I missing
something here?

eg:

fp starts
fp sets itself to uid 0
fp sets the required things as root
fp sets itself to original userid
fp finishes init

I don't see a problem with that. It's not nice to have a suid binary
requirement, but if there's no other way?