[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.2 - Delphi 7

Neil Graham Lerc at Screamingduck.com
Fri Jul 6 02:45:55 CEST 2007

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> I profiled it some time ago and the compile time is simple spread over
> the compiler. Only two procedures consumed a lot of time: fillchar and
> move. I added the fastmove code at this time because we spend at least
> some time in move.
What did you do to profile it?   Is it something that can be easily
repeated?

It would be nice to have an automated profiling system to run regularly
just to keep tabs on things.

If a batch profiling job could be done on the compiler with the results
placed on freepascal.org it may
prove an incentive for people to participate in speeding things up.