[fpc-devel] FPC 2.2, gdb 6.6: "Internal error: `this' is not an aggregate"

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jul 4 11:34:23 CEST 2007

On 04 Jul 2007, at 11:27, Martin Schreiber wrote:

>> Compile with -O-
>
> It helped, thanks.
> I hope there will be never a bug which doesn't show with optimisations
> off. :-)

There are definitely such bugs, especially those caused by
unitialised variables. -gttt should help with that though.

One day we may support debugging with optimisations on using dwarf,
although it will never be as good as debugging with optimisations off
(and the better the optimisations get, the worse the debugging will
become when they are turned on).

Jonas