[fpc-devel] two changes to fcl 2.0.5

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 12 09:04:20 CET 2007

Daniƫl Mantione schrieb:

> Op Thu, 11 Jan 2007, schreef Jesus Reyes:
>
>> If you don't see a problem to do, why not simply do it?
>
> They are merged.
>
>> But, if nobody uses it, why it's being updated?, this simply doesn't
>> match.
>
> No active development is done, but at request we still do some merges.
>
>> I use 2.1.1 and 2.0.5, Why would I use 2.0.4 when 2.0.5 has fixes? I
>> though that was the purpose of it, other way I don't see the need for
>> the branch.
>
> Indeed, allthough I do not recommend people to upgrade unless they
> have a need for a fix that is in 2.0.5.

The branch exists basically because it can't removed anymore, further, when
2.0.4 was released it wasn't clear what the next release will be 2.0.4a because
of a heavy bug in 2.0.4, 2.0.6 or 2.1.1. Recently, there were some more merges
to it because it might be that a 2.0.4a for go32v2 will be created.

>> I'm happily using 2.1.1 until I have to debug in both windows and
>> linux, that's for what I use 2.0.5 mostly, but sometimes I forget
>> about it and I keep using it until I made changes and swap machines
>> and try to load the same project.
>>
>> That makes me wonder, what do you use for developent?, maybe I'm in
>> the wrong way. Please share some tricks.
>
> Well, 3 weeks ago I changed my laptop from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 because I wanted
> to get rid of two IDE bugs I fixed. My other computers still use 2.0.4.

I use 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 only.