[fpc-devel] Lazarus to WinCE: using windows dlls to get the trick done

alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it
Tue Jan 9 12:11:04 CET 2007

Hi... reading the guide on fpc wince compilation on the wiki:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Development_Notes

Don't know WERE (something changed in the last days) i found that link:
http://ccrdu.de/docs/pkCEStuff.htm
That is a Patrick Michael Kolla's page, he's the creator of Spybot
search and Destroy.

On the table there's:
A miniature framework for Win32 and WinCE applications
Downloading files by HTTP using functions from wininet.dll
(http://ccrdu.de/docs/pkCEStuff.htm)

That seems a delphi class that use networking using a windows dll, so it
seems to work with wince too (i found the same dll file on wince).

I write this mail in refer of the "[fpc-devel] Incompatibilities between
win32 windows unit and  wincewindows unit" we read before...

Is it possible to override Lazarus compilation using some of this calls
as networking stuff?
I know that Lazarus filosofy is different (platform indipendent so using
dll is not a great idea) but in this case, that would be a good thing to
make things working and faster...

However:
Almidor finally got it, he made some modifications and now we got a
small chat connecting to another using tcp/ip sockets on PocketPC.
The problem is that there is no TTimer component and no event hooks for
the under-laying widgetset with wince yet, so we must do the CallAction
with a button, manually.
Calling it manually works with tcp/ip socket, but would be impossible to
use it with http...

Did someone know anything on why ttimer is not implemented on wince? can
some help me to implement it? I read in:
http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/wince-api-diffs.txt
That there are differences between win32 and wince like:
GetSystemTime()
The milli member might be zero. This is strange as GetTickCount()
returns millis (but since start of system).

Is that the problem? How can i resolve making ttimer work and being able
to do a CallAction for lnet libs working networking?

Thanks

p.s. my final goal is to get mysql data, cause i'm not finding any mysql
client dll for wince i'm trying to get the data as xml.