[fpc-devel] procedure ... message

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 13 13:44:16 CET 2007

> See implementation of dispatch. It gets the message number and looks
> for the corresponding method in a table. The compiler generates this
> table at compile time.
Thanks. I did try to find it but am lost up till now. regarding
Thorsten's message I assume it is a member function to some class (e.g.
TObject), but my usual means to find such functions don't show it to me.

> This may not be the completely accurate description, but this is how I
> model things in my mind and in my experiments reality hasn't falsified
> this model.
I do believe that you are right. Thorsten's hint that the compiler moves
the information in the RTTI might point into the the correct direction,
but up I still need to find out what the exactly RTTI contains and how
to extract it from there.

-Michael