[fpc-devel] 0010465: CsSubComponent component properties not streamed

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Mon Dec 24 09:26:33 CET 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007 22.12:01 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > Now I have several possibilities:
> >
> > 1. I can accept Michaels verdict and surrender to use my programming
> > method and rewrite the affected MSEgui pieces and introduce an
> > incompatibility with current MSEgui projects.
>
> There is no incompatibility:
> Just replace the Nil with the owner. Your code will function as it was.
>
> The Owner-Owned relation is in no other location used during streaming,
> so you should not worry about that.

:-)
And that is the reason why I *have* to worry about. MSEide+MSEgui depends on
the streaming mechanism. There are some issues with IDE property streaming
you can't know until you tried to develop something like MSEide your self.
I wish you were more constructive on solving problems of your "customers" or
you risk that your library will be forked.

Martin