[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Dec 10 16:12:33 CET 2007

> BTW, I didn't have time to look at your proposal, but once I
> got "procedure of thread" you're quoting here, I'd expect the language
> to take care of (most) synchronization issues, much like the "protected
> object" in the Ada language does.
This is not part of the proposal. Here I suggested a quite simple RTL
enhancement (providing Event driven threads "TEventThread") that _can_
be enhanced further with _some_ language support to provide "Thread
Events". Maybe this again can be enhanced by language support for
protecting and synchronization, but that is not mandatory. Of course
decent OS independent sync Objects/procedures in the RTL should be
provided anyway.

-Michael