[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:35:04 CET 2007

On 04/12/2007, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> I think the point stands however about poor language support for the concept
> in the fairly early days. However from the point of view of FPC I think we've
> got to work out whether there's scope for improvement of threads etc. (e.g.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make with this message
thread. By implying that *if* Microsoft (with all their money and
research) found a better way to use threads and multicore processors,
maybe FPC could take some hints and implement it in RTL.

That's only if Microsoft came up with something new that the wonderful
FPC developers haven't thought of yet.  :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -