[fpc-devel] Problems getting a arm cross-compiler for symbian

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Dec 1 11:47:17 CET 2007

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote on za, 01 dec 2007:

> On Nov 25, 2007 11:50 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>> > Why does FPC think there is no -Tsymbian for arm?
>>
>> Set a breakpoint on find_system_by_string in systems.pas to find out.
>
> I didn't manage to get anything from this.
>
> my gdb on windows doesn't even recognize this function
>
> gdb ppcarm.exe
>
> (gdb) break find_system_by_string
> Function "find_system_by_string" not defined.
> Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n
> (gdb) break FIND_SYSTEM_BY_STRING
> Function "FIND_SYSTEM_BY_STRING" not defined.
> Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) n
> (gdb)

The latter should work if you compiled the executable with debug
information and didn't strip it. An alternative syntax is "break
file.pas:linenr"

> pretty streight forward function, and I don't know how to get anything
> useful without a IDE where I can get the variable values and so on.

There's no reason why you can't debug the compiler in an IDE. There's
even already a ppcarm.lpi file in the compiler directory.

> Looking at the implementation of find_system_by_string I don't see why
> it wouldn't work,

Me neither, that's why it has to be debugged in a debugger.

Jonas