[fpc-devel] OS/2 build problems

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Apr 8 18:32:58 CEST 2007

On 7 Apr 07, at 9:34, Dave Parsons wrote:

Hi Dave,

> I don't get as much time as I would like to work on FPC
> but I try at least to update from svn every week and to
> try to build the compiler.
> Using 2.0.4, it has always built ppc1.exe but failed to
> build ppc2 and this week's error is rather different.
>
> <snip>
> F:/fpc/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/compiler/ppc1.exe -Ur -Xs -O1r -n -Fui386 -Fusystems -Fu.
> ./rtl/units/os2 -Fii386 -FE. -FUi386/units/i386-os2 -dRELEASE  -di386 -dGDB -dBR
> OWSERLOG -Fux86 pp.pas
> emxbind 0.9d -- Copyright (c) 1991-1997 by Eberhard Mattes
> emxbind: invalid a.out file (startup code)
> pp.pas(207,27) Error: Error while linking
> <snip>
>
> So, this is really just a sanity check, is this as good as
> it gets at the moment for OS/2 or do I have a configuration
> problem somewhere.

It's the former - as good (or as bad :/ ) as it
gets at the moment. I managed to get little bit
further with fixing the import library related
stuff for OS/2 (after changes performed in 2.1.x)
about 3 weeks ago, which is the reason of the
changes in log. As of now, the ancient EMX ld.exe
dies silently while trying to link more complex
executables (like the compiler), whereas simple
ones (including those with import libraries, of
course), are generated and work correctly. I need
to spend more time analyzing the generated object
files (including the import libraries), but my
time is rather limited too.

Tomas