[fpc-devel] Propose: change TComponent.Tag from longint to PtrInt

peter green plugwash at P10Link.net
Mon Sep 4 19:37:10 CEST 2006

> ...which makes it impossible to use streams for anything derived from
> Tcomponent, which is really a lot. I don't think we should break this
> feature to allow broken code to work.
BTW even borland themselves seemed to promote its use for storing pointers

from delphi 3 help:
"Tag has no predefined meaning to Delphi. The Tag property is provided for
the convenience of storing additional integer value or pointer information
for special needs in an application. For example, use the Tag property when
implementing case statements with a component."