[fpc-devel] FPC 2.0.4

Daniel Hobson daniel at sunthunder.com
Mon Oct 23 00:11:46 CEST 2006

Hello All,

Currently we have been developing on FPC for both Windows and Linux and we
have noticed that socket communications are not working correctly under
Linux environments.  I have also been advised that the netdb has issues on
2.0.4? is this correct?

If we use FPC 2.1.1 on Windows, the socket communications work correctly but
if we drop back to 2.0.4 it then fails also.  I can not use 2.1.1 on linux
or am I knowledgeable enough to get it working under linux with Lazarus.
The client application we are creating MUST be linux environment.  I was
wondering the following:-

1)       Is there a patch out for this bug or a known solution on how to
correct the problem so that socket communications can work from Linux to
windows?

2)       When is FPC 2.1.1 expected to be released to the public? (No
pressure, just a simple question).

3)       Can we actually get the 2.1.1 development code (I know how to do
this) and make it work with Lazarus 9.19 beta (Don’t know how to do) on
Linux? If so, can anybody guide me on how this can be done?

Any feedback to this mail would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Daniel Hobson