[fpc-devel] ZEOS Contribution Offer

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Thu Oct 19 14:21:36 CEST 2006

I speak in the name of the ZEOS Developers.

We want to contribute to the FPC Project, in the form that we

deliver a FPC usable Version of the ZEOS DBO.

If you don't know ZEOS by now, it is a set of mature database components

usable visual or nonvisual, wich interface to SQLite, MySQL,

PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird,Oracle and others.

Normally the latest versions are supported.

Currently we are preparing the 6.6 Version. (beta cycle).

We will change our licensing terms to make it LGPL with the

FPC / Lazarus static linking exception.

The library works fine for Delphi's, FPC under Windows and Linux.

Currently only SVN versions and snapshots are usable,

But the Beta Cycle starts soon.

If someone is willing to integrate/maintain the sources into next fpc
version,

maybe we get another set of databse components that work out of the

box with FPC/Lazarus.

As ZEOS is quite huge and we are all short of time (as everybody is :)

we are searching for testers, developers and users if someone is
interested  ...

The forum is reachable under

zeos.firmos.at

Please tell me your thoughts.