[fpc-devel] Tail recursion optimization

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 18:46:28 CEST 2006

On a side note, fixing branch priority (order? I like compiler
programming but I'm not very into it :-(  ) takes the run time down by
about 20% on a Duron system...

Do you plan to add some related tricks to FPC? (I'm not talking about
the advanced "lively analysis" that is in the to-do, but rather some
simple tricks like moving code throwing exceptions as if was in the
'else' block, or (in the uncertain optimizations) move to 'else' the
biggest block or blocks containing a single or constant assignment...)

Cheers,
Flávio