[fpc-devel] Typed addresses, revisited

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Sun Oct 8 13:44:50 CEST 2006

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 07 Oct 2006, at 21:42, Micha Nelissen wrote:
>
>> I propose to enable it for 2.3/2.9, i.e. after 2.2, because, as Jonas
>> said, it breaks semantics for arithmetic on non-typecasted pointers that
>> point to something that is not size 1.
>
> How will this change after 2.2?

Hmm? I think it's a good idea to enable {$T+} for fpc and objfpc mode
somewhere in the future, since it also caught some bugs in our code.
However, enabling it now may mean bugs, so we allow some 'grace-time' in
which people can fix their code, so that it will work as expected in
{$T+}; typically 1 major version.

Micha