[fpc-devel] [patch] - fpcUnit XSLT

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:07:55 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's wrong with the XML standard of FO ? It allows you to generate
> almost any kind of document (including HTML and PDF) from pure xml
> data and xslt as template (together with FO template). The benefits
> are that the CSS styles are properties, so the style itself (when
> needed) is part of the template rather a whole new section for
> specific type of document.

Ok, well to answer you question.  I didn't know of XSL-FO. :-)
I'm a fairly newbie when it comes to XSLT.  I just knew what it could
do, and needed to generate a HTML fpcUnit results page for the tiOPF
project's daily builds and a summary email.  I Google'd XSLT and found
a few tutorials.  fpcunit.xsl is the result of that.  :-)  The xsl
file for the summary email is not included in fpcUnit - it's to
specific to tiOPF.

As soon as I have some time, I'll read up on the XSL-FO to see if it
can improve what I have done so far.  If you can spot something
obvious, please let me know.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'