[fpc-devel] Cross compiling issues

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:47:35 CET 2006

On 11/9/06, Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I try to create a cross compile of fpc 2.0.4 to i386 (I'm using
> > amd64 native ubuntu edgy).
> > When I try to compile it as following:
> >
> > make all tar CPU_TARGET=i386 CROSSINSTALL=1 INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib
> >
> > It compiles, until it needs to create a tar file and then I have the
> > following error message:
> > make: *** No rule to make target `tar'.  Stop.
>
> There is no 'tar' target. I wonder where you got it from?
> The help screen if no target is given looks like below.
>
> Targets
> all Alias for build
> build Build a new compiler and all packages
> install Install newly build files
> zipinstall Create zip/tar of installed files
> singlezipinstall Alias for zipinstall
>
> Distribution Targets:
> rpm Build linux .rpm packages
> deb Build linux .deb packages

This is what I have when using "make" without any tag:
/fpc/fpc_2_0_4$ make

Targets
all Alias for build
build Build a new compiler and all packages
install Install newly build files
zipinstall Create zip/tar of installed files
singlezipinstall Alias for zipinstall

Distribution Targets:
rpm Build linux .rpm packages
deb Build linux .deb packages
inno Build Windows (Innosetup) based installer
tar Build .tar installer

FV based installer Targets:
go32v2zip Build .zip files for go32v2
os2zip Build .zip files for OS/2
sourcezip Build .zip files for the sources

ik at white-star:/

> For cross compilations and installations there is special
> 'crosszipinstall' that will pack a cross compiler instead of native
> compiler.

I'll try it thanks.

Ido
--