[fpc-devel] Threads and alot of crap continued

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Thu Nov 9 12:17:51 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 08:22, Michael Schnell wrote:
> > Yes, of course, this still *is* nothing more than an event loop,
>
> A decent event loop should use an OS API to free the processor until
> the next event is scheduled:

That's why I wrote the example in Esterel.

Give me that API and I sure will use it. Modula had signals at least
(although I don't remember it too good), Ada has task entries (and you
still write your tasking code in a loop, then). Alas, Object Pascal
lacks a decent portable OS tasking interface.

Vinzent.