[fpc-devel] fpcsrc/rtl/unix/video.pp

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:54:21 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Micha Nelissen <micha at neli.hopto.org> wrote:
> Tomas Hajny wrote:
> > Does anybody here have an idea how to address that issue in Unix/Linux
> > environment (like an environment variable similar to TERM, etc.)? I can
>
> The part after the dot in $LANG. It's possible though that there is no
> dot, no idea what to do, maybe assume iso-8859-1 ?

No, that will be really bad idea to assume iso-8859-1 . It really
depends on the country and language code. For example :

LANG=he_IL.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="he_IL.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

If I'll remove the UTF-8 it will be he_IL regardless... but the
encoding will be iso8859-8 ... If you will place iso8859-1, it will
stop working .. I mean you could not use the language your system is
set to.

Any language out there that does not use iso8859-1 will suffer from that ...

> Micha

Ido
--
http://ik.homelinux.org/