[fpc-devel] Internal linker for wince

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sun May 28 22:47:16 CEST 2006

Yury Sidorov wrote:
> From: "Florian Klaempfl" <florian at freepascal.org>
>
>> Yury Sidorov wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I added wince support to internal linker.
>>> Please try it and see if all works fine.
>>> Use -Xi compiler option to enable internal linker.
>>

>> Good job, now the internal assembler :)
>

> Thanks :)
>
> Internal assembler is a complex task. And I think it is not very
> critical for wince now, because internal linker does not require
> libpXXX.a files for smartlinking. Without smartlink libs generation
> external assembler is fast enough...

Correct me if I am wrong, but having an internal assembler (and a
internal linker) means you don't need to have arm-wince binutils to
cross compile to arm-wince anymore.

This would simplify distribution of a Lazarus add-on that would package
everything needed for creating arm-wince programs on win32. Nevertheless
adding the binutils to the package is not a big deal.

Vincent.