[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTime before 30/12/1899

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:27:46 CEST 2006

On 5/23/06, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > On the other hand, it would speed up things quite a bit.
>
> Correct.
> I'm not against changing to fpcunit, but it will require again a lot of
> work...

Yes much faster!  I just finished a case in point on our code.  One of
our developers (new to unit testing) used the Setup and TearDown
methods in a TestSuite to setup a db connection, do a test and close
the connection. Over and over and over.  The 27 tests took over
30seconds to execute.

I relocated the db connection code to a test decorator (part of
fpcUnit and took 15 lines of code to implement) and now it creates a
single connection for the lifetime of all tests in that TestSuite.
Time to run those 27 test are now 1.9 seconds!

I can't see how something like this is possible with the way the fpc
team does testing.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--