[fpc-devel] Definition of the time-fration in a TDateTime before 30/12/1899

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:04:11 CEST 2006

> I guess we will need plenty of unit tests to make sure all the functions work consistent, in particular also for dates close to and before 29-12-1899 :)
>
> (Note: I sent some mail explaining the TryEncodeDateTime function some time ago (21-4-2006), on Graeme's request. I also mentioned an overflow problem in that code + how to fix. Perhaps this fix can be integrated into the code as well.)

Hi Bram,

Yeah, I had my share of uphill battles with old dates (Delphi and
FPC).  I works fine with recent dates, but don't venture to far off!!

I already have a collection of unit tests for dates, which is
incorporated into our products unit tests.  We use fpcUnit
extensively.  I could always extend those tests a bit more, but as far
as I understand, FPC developers dont' use fpcUnit, but rather some
custom testing framework.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--