[fpc-devel] gtk1 linklib directive under FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 9 11:21:12 CEST 2006

> I heard that the gtk1 libs under FreeBSD are libglib-12.so, libgdk-12.so and
> libgtk-12.so.
> But at the moment the linklib directive for FreeBSD defines
>     {$ifdef FreeBSD}
>       gtkdll='gtk12';
>       {$linklib gtk12}
> without the '-'.
>
> Can someone with FreeBSD please test if changing
>
> packages/extra/gtk/gtk/gtk.pp
> packages/extra/gtk/gdk/gdk.pp
> packages/extra/gtk/glib/glib.pp
>
> fixes the issue.

To my best knowledge, this naming depends on what version and what packages
branch one is using .

FreeBSD, when confronted with this says to use pkgconfig, and doesn't want
to help out with a couple of symlinks to ease the situation. IOW they don't
care about anything but GCC.  I recommend filing a send-pr about this.

Since there is no way currently to make lazy bound dll names variable
without recompiling on target, and most people are using release versions, I
chose to wait with this change till more people are over to the -1.2 syntax,
to keep the amount of users that have to symlink manually to a minimum.