[fpc-devel] DSO smartlinking finalization

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Wed Mar 15 22:33:17 CET 2006

When compiling a simple hello world DSO (dynamic link library) on linux
Finalization did not occur for units in the uses clause. (testing on fpc 2.0.2)

Is smart linking supposed to work on DSO's, or is it a known problem?

When I tested on MS Windows, finalization did occur.

Just wondering before I submit a bug report.

A simple writeln call from the finalization area of a unit in the uses does not
appear to work only when smart linking is on.