[fpc-devel] Dump_Stack broken in fpc 2.1.1

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sat Mar 11 11:54:55 CET 2006

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Line info is broken in fpc 2.1.1 on win32. I have created the attached
> test program.
>
> Running the program gives:
> C:\lazarus\bugs\fpc\lineinfo>project1.exe
> In test
>
> opening the program in gdb gives.
> (no debugging symbols found)...
>
> Running the program compiled with fpc 2.0.3 gives:
> C:\lazarus\bugs\fpc\lineinfo>project1.exe
> In test
>   $0040109D  main,  line 17 of project1.pas

Peter made some fixes yesterday, but that was not enough. I still don't
get the backtrace.

If I compile with -XS, gdb doesn't give errors.
If I use the default linking settings, I get the following warnings:

During symbol reading...function `_FPC_MAINCRTSTARTUP' appears to be
defined out
side of all compilation units...function `fpc_get_output' appears to be
defined
outside of all compilation units...function
`fpc_write_text_pchar_as_array' appe
ars to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`fpc_iocheck' appe
ars to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`fpc_writeln_end'
appears to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`GET_FRAME' ap
pears to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`DUMP_STACK' app
ears to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`fpc_initializeun
its' appears to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`DO_EXIT'
  appears to be defined outside of all compilation units...function
`SYSTEM_init'
  appears to be defined outside of all compilation units...

Vincent