[fpc-devel] New to list

Bart Hotmail bart_van_den_broek at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:41:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

Because i am very much interested in code optimization (SSA), I got the fpc
v2.0.2 source and am reading through it & the internals doc.
For now i have the following questions/comments:
* Are there plans to put in the missing parts of the internals doc,
specifically "The code generator"?
* Are there plans to perform (some level of) code cleanup?
  I found that the code not always easy to follow
    for example: there are  procedures of 100s of lines long, the compiler
state is composed of a lot of global
    variables spread accross several units, and there is mixed coding
conventions (name casing, indenting).
  Beforehand i expected to see the front-end and back-end loosely coupled
  (nice for putting a new front end in to make a new compiler), but i have
not been unable to tell yet.

Of course, I am always happy to contribute.

Bart