[fpc-devel] lNet in packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Feb 4 12:57:47 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On 2/3/06, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Packages are not necessarily class based, are often simple imports of
> > libraries and so on; not the place for VCL/CLX counterparts.
>
> I don't want to get into the fp discussion, but I think that many
> things on FCL are not the counter-part of anything. FPImage is the
> counter part of what?

Graphics unit in the VCL. It's a better design than what Delphi has,
so takes more place.
Delphi's Graphics is very Win32 oriented, we wanted to have something
more general; and this requires more space.

Obviously not all FCL units have a counterpart in the VCL. TProcess for instance.

In each case, the discussion is currently continued on the core list,
we want to do some more general redesign of the directory structure of
the FPC distribution.

Michael.