[fpc-devel] LGPL vs MPL

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 10:10:26 CET 2006

Hi,

In August I asked a similar question (LGPL vs BSD) and got a lengthy
discussion going, which helped me a lot in understanding the
difference.

Now, what is the difference between the Modified LGPL (as used in FPC
and Lazarus) compared to MPL.

Don't they really mean the same thing.

 * Code modifications must be made public
 * Commercial software may be created without releasing source when
linking to libraries. Again, not sure about static linking in MPL?
 * plus point of MPL is you don't get confusion between GPL and LGPL.
Many just see GPL and stay away...

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'