[fpc-devel] $IF issues

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 12:10:04 CEST 2006

On 8/14/06, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:
> You miss the point: Delphi compatibility mode is for people who develop for FPC, but
> want to compile occasionally in Delphi. In the current situation they are not aware
> of this weakness of Delphi (no support of $ENDIF for $IF), until they compile in
> Delphi.

That is exactly what happened.  I only develop under FPC, but
contribute a lot to the tiOPF project, which is mostly used by Delphi
developers.   I broke the Delphi builds by adding the $IF..$ENDIF
code.  The tiOPF project uses the Delphi Mode for the FPC compiler,
and I was surprised when notified of the problem.

> But maybe Graeme should make a Delphi feature request too (and see which is
> honoured first) :-)

Where do I go, to ask for such a feature in Borland Delphi?  I guess
it would take years to materialize. :-)   Borland is not as pro-active
as the FPC maintainers!!

Regards,
  Graeme.

--