[fpc-devel] patch testreport

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sun Aug 13 21:40:19 CEST 2006

Darius Blaszijk wrote:
> I would like to use it like this;
>
> // XML output.option
>  {$IFDEF VER2_1}
>    // text output option
>  {$ENDIF}
>
> So I would only include the code if the minimum version is supported.
> IIRC this define will stay there even when new releases are made right?
> I think this way nothing would be broken. The define would eventually be
> removed once Lazarus proceeds to 2.2 FPC version but would never hurt
> keeping the define.

I would follow Tomas suggestion.

{$IFNDEF VER2_0} is much better, also seen our experience with 1.0.x to
2.0.0 experience.

The fpc team created betas for fpc 2.0 which had the version 1.9.x. If
you had used {$IFDEF VER1_1} to use some functionality only in svn
trunk, then would have to change it to {$IFDEF VER1_9} for the time of
betas and {$IFDEF VER2_0} after the release of 2.0.

If you make it {$IFNDEF VER2_0}, there is no need to change it after
2.2, the functionality will be available right away and the Lazarus team
can do the clean up, after they made their release of fpc 2.2. If you
use {$IFDEF VER2_1}, big chance the first release with fpc 2.2 will NOT
include the plain text writer.

Vincent