[fpc-devel] SymbianOS port

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:17:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

I would like to start a SymbianOS port of the compiler.

What are the guidelines for the very early stages of a port?

I mean, should I wait until it´s reasonably working before inclusion
on svn, or we could create a symbianos directory now, and add it´s
targets to the makefiles? I think the second option would be easier
for me to work with.

I would like to target both i386-symbian (the emulator) and arm-symbian.

Also, SymbianOS has many incompatible versions and User Interface
models. There are 4 different SDKs for it. What would be a good way to
select which SDK you wish to target? I think it would be rather ugly
to add 4 directories for symbian os, and new sdks can be developed in
the future. Perhaps some defines could be used? Like UIQ3, UIQ2, S60,
etc

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho