[fpc-devel] Web Service Toolkit For FPC & Lazarus

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Mon Apr 24 09:26:07 CEST 2006

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO schreef:
> Hi.
> My congratulations to the FPC team and Lazarus team.
> I'am working on this toolkit, to add Web Service support to FPC and
> Lazarus. My aim is to merge it with the FCL (LCL). The attached
> archive contains all the source code and a documentation file (
> OpenDocument format, I use OpenOffice 2.0 to write it ). What do you
> think about it?

I have no idea, if this is going to be added to the FCL, (that is more appropiate
than the LCL), but I do think it is a good idea to put this package on the Lazarus
Code and Components Repository. Some people might try and test it.
If you are interested in create a new entry for it on
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Components_and_Code_examples and create
a similar wiki pages as for the other downloads.

> Overview >>
> "Web Service Toolkit for FPC & Lazarus" is a web services package for
> FPC and Lazarus;  "Web Service Toolkit" is meant to ease web services
> consumption by FPC and Lazarus users.
> "Web Service Toolkit" is made of two parts, a command line tool
> "ws_helper" and a collection of support units. Given an interface
> definition file( describing à web service ), "ws_helper" will create a
> FPC  unit containing a proxy implementing that interface.  At runtime
> when a call targeting the web service is issued, the proxy's role is
> to :
>
> (a)marshall the call paramaters,
> (b)make the call to the target web service,
> (c)receive the call return and unmarshall output parameters to the caller.
>
> Behind the scene, the proxy will take care of the SOAP plumbing details.

Does it use the xmlrpc unit from the FCL
(http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/fcl/net/)?

Does it overlap regarding functionality?

Vincent.