[fpc-devel] don't you think it's time to update delphi modecompatibility?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri May 27 11:40:19 CEST 2005

> So, may I conclude that FPC is targetting D7 language compatibility? That's
> sound fair enough to me, and -thanks God- I can live with that. :)

Roughly yes. That is the goal of the 2.0.x branch, languagewise.

> Is the D7 compatibility has been reached fully or partially or still under
> development? How far the compatibility of FPC v.2.0 with D7? Is there any
> docs explain about this issue? Because I still failed to compile my D7
> codes under FPC 2.0.

_language_ compability.

Some known missing functionality:
1 implements style delegation
2 vararray support is patchy.
3 customvariants are missing in the rtl
4 packages
5 dispinterfaces and dispid.
6 assembler routines have some constructs that are not supported.
   These are being eliminated at a fairly decent rate the last
    few months

Libraries are done on a case by case basis (is this part already legacy
in D6/D7, is it too OS specific etc).