[fpc-devel] don't you think it's time to update delphimodecompatibility?

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Fri May 27 10:44:40 CEST 2005

> I'm sorry to say but none of these things will make FPC a better compiler by a
> large
> part. Since freepascal doesn't have very many contributed units compared to
> something
> like Torry.net, I think that's what people need to work on! I don't actually
> think
> that it is the compiler team who needs to work more. they already have small
> bugs to
> repair, I think developers need to make contributed units and do work. The
> language is
> strong but more functions and wrappers need to be written. If you think about
> it, no
> one would use Delphi just for the "for if" part about it, but rather they
> would use
> delphi because of all the stuff available for it... like on Torry.net.

Totally agree with you! Let the FPC developer team concentrate on the compiler
and language enhancement, and let the rest of us do the supported units. If FPC
can do all the Delphi can do, then... viola!! all codes on Torry will be
compilable on FPC. And the concept of "write once, compile everywhere" will be
very much closer to the object pascal language. Isn't that nice? :)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.modblog.com