[fpc-devel] don't you think it's time to update delphi modecompatibility?

Bisma Jayadi bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Fri May 27 10:36:06 CEST 2005

> Name one that really enables you to do something that you couldn't do
> otherwise.

Actually... none. :)

> If you want portability, simply don't use D2005 syntax.

Hmmm... very nice advice. :)

> Write it in D7 and compile it everywhere.
>
> To my knowledge there are no plans for post-D7 support. The whole point is
> compability with Delphi.NET, and there is not much interest in that anyway.

So, may I conclude that FPC is targetting D7 language compatibility? That's
sound fair enough to me, and -thanks God- I can live with that. :)

Is the D7 compatibility has been reached fully or partially or still under
development? How far the compatibility of FPC v.2.0 with D7? Is there any docs
explain about this issue? Because I still failed to compile my D7 codes under
FPC 2.0. It's an D7 codes utilizing dbExpress components.

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.modblog.com