[fpc-devel] DOS Platforms

Lee, John John.Lee at logicacmg.com
Wed May 25 14:48:09 CEST 2005

I've never been able to make go32v2 make work properly under w2k/xp, and neither has anyone else afaik - because of the well known bugs...Not worth trying imho - best to use real dos.

Current make cycle (just compiler & rtl) & go32v2zip (whole release) works fine under win9x - I use ME.

Both v20x and v21x and v20 release makes work at present for me, using the fpc.zip from ftp & unzipping into clear directories, using the make that's included, dos window under win me. The resulting compiler/rtl sort of works too...As you've heard exceptions cause a crash- they used to work but stopped around Feb 2005, probably when the asm calling conventions were changed for v19.

... I'd try v21x - v20x & v20 will probably then work anyway.

I'll upload v20x & v21x snapshots onto ftp.freepascal.org ... \snapshot\v21 & v20 soon.

Regards John